Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Enlightened Purrs...pective -Strength

Strength !

We’ve heard of muscular strength, mental strength, spiritual strength. There are phrases such as being “strong in your convictions” or “strong as Steel”. When we struggle within, people opt to say, “stay strong, you can do this”!
I never realized how much pressure it is to “stay strong”. At least not on my own!
Even a fire, hurricane, or tornado has the ability to bend the thickest piece of steel. So, how can the human spirit, heart, soul and muscles stay strong if steel has it’s own breaking point? After all, “we’re only human. We get tired of trying. We lose faith, we get sick, our muscles ache, we have pressures. When we lose someone in our life, whether it is due to death, divorce, change of job stature or relocation we feel weak, helpless and lost. Anything far from strong! We can’t seem to find the strength to carry on.
My strength began with my mother and father. They encouraged me, loved me, and they taught me about my faith. And then they were strong by letting me loose to fly like a bird spreading my wings and growing stronger in other ways. I’ve surrounded myself with teachers, friends and co-workers all whom provided additional forms of belief and strength.
It’s not just one beam of steel that holds a bridge. It takes many to support the daily traffic of life.
Carpet One Floor & Home and the members are like my supporting beams of steel. Not just because of the knowledge I have gain, but the friendships I have made. I am stronger because of so many of the men and woman who make up this group. I’ve cried with many, I laughed with even more. I’ve danced the dance of life and become a stronger person for learning the steps with you!
Togetherness = Strength
“…with your strength, you’ve strengthened me”! – psalms 138:3

Keep climbing !
Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment