Sunday, December 11, 2011

Enlightened Purrs...pective "You Know What They Say"



Enlightened Purrs…pective You Know What They Say….

Let me first start with a silly question!
Who are “they” any ways?
My goodness no matter the situation, someone will always make the statement “You know what they say”. Or another remark could be, “timing is everything” or yet another “you were in the right place at the right time”.
And when you come to think of it…”they” are correct. And it almost always turns out to be an amazing situation or a life changing event and yes even a lifelong commitment.
I’ve been having conversations lately about timing and being in the right place at the right time and why people enter our lives at that very moment. It’s crazy when you think about it!
Take love for instance. You can search and search and sometimes settle due to age or the need. Sometimes you just take a break or give up the quest. And then when you least expect it, out of the clear blue sky, out of nowhere there he is! And normally that moment you meet you weren’t searching, you weren’t hoping to find that special someone, you weren’t even contemplating it, but love found you or better yet you found each other.
Take another twist on this topic. Let’s say you were running late for work due to the craziness of the morning. You woke up late because you forgot to set the alarm and then when you’re finally ready after making the bed, lunches, ironing and you’re about to leave you can’t find your keys. Ok, now you’re in the car calm and then you turn the corner onto the main street and find a three car pile up. Had the morning not been so crazy…that could have been you in that crash. I know that may seem far fetched to you, but I think of things like this all the time. I love that timing is everything, but in the very same sentence I truly don’t. Example, had I not of met my ex-husband I wouldn’t have the most amazing kids in the world. I can go on and on...but,
Back to the reason for my purrs…pective tonight. And yes, I am sorry I haven’t written in a long time. What do “they” say? Mental writer’s block! J
Tonight, I went out with my friends from work. A girl’s night out shopping, dinner and drinks. It was fun just getting together outside of work and just chatting and laughing. We had done this before and planned on going to our last “hangout” but instead went to Plymouth. If you haven’t been there…you’re missing out. Anyway, one of the girls has a father who is 82 years old and ailing. Heart problems, broken ribs, neck, things that go along with old age. And at this awesome Irish Pub, which by the way, I’d recommend you check it out while you’re in Plymouth, Sharon received a voice mail. Her dad had fallen and yes…”He’d fallen and couldn’t get up”! But we were worried. Sharon left ahead of us to check it out. The two of us then followed close behind.
When we arrived, Jack had been on the floor and well simply this… if we hadn’t have been in Plymouth to help him, Jack would have remained on the floor until morning. He’d be bleeding and lying on a hard floor alone until morning when Sharon had scheduled a doctor’s appointment. The three of us along with Jack’s minimal strength got him safely to his chair. We did what needed to be done and this sweet 82 year old man was happy as a lark.
We listened to stories of his childhood, teenage years, married life and some stories were told three or four times. But the stories were told with love and history and appreciation that his “angels” came to rescue him.
That’s it…”They” just might be angels putting us at the right place at the right time.
I was blessed tonight with friends to share dinner with and to meet Jack, who by the way gave me a glimpse of my dad.
Indeed, angels!
“Oh I believe there are angels among us sent down to us from somewhere up above. They come to you and me in our darkest hours to show us how to live, to teach us how to give, t
o guide us with a light of love.”

Keep climbing! Merriest of Christmas’ and a Joyous New Year!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment