Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Edge !


The Edge!
This was my father’s one liner!
He used to tell me, because of who I am, I have “the edge”. There is no one like me! No one with the same eyes, or smile, curly blonde hair, strong legs (he used to ask me to trade legs with him because he walked with a cane since I was 13 years old from an automobile accident). There was no one else who thought like me, laughed like me or danced like me. There is only one me on this entire planet. That is the miracle of “god”. And because of that I have “the edge”.

Just like me, there is only one
“you”. You too have the same “edge” but, in a totally different way.

Together though, you and I have a shared edge!

Carpet One Floor & Home

Trust me this is not a testimonial for Carpet One. No one put me up to this one so hear me out!
Do you realize just how special you and I are?
We have a support system with advertising, merchandising, communication, financial know-how, brand awareness, showroom presentation (visual merchandising), computer technology, training, installation programs. The list goes on and on. There is no one like us. Yes, it’s true there are other flooring retail Co-ops, but they are imitators of us. They don’t think like us, they don’t network like us, they don’t have showrooms or warrantees like us, they don’t share the 25 years experience that we have thanks to three wonderful forward thinking men. And because of this, we have “the edge”.

My father had many “words of wisdom” for me. One that stands out is “We can’t predict the future, but we can revel in the present.”

We don’t know where the next few months or years are going to take us, but we can remain who we are. A company with “the edge”. The best flooring retailers, forward thinkers, networking together to build a stronger company for our future.

Andy Rooney once said, “I’ve learned…that simple walks with my father around the block on summer nights when I was a child did wonders for me as an adult.”

Thanks dad for giving me
“the edge”.

Keep climbing!

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment